Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Character Interview: Mako Mankanshoku

(Good fiction requires good characters who promote inspiration and aspiration. To demonstrate this, we shall be looking at characters from multiple series and judging how deep their archetypes go. We shall be calling upon individuals who take on the personas of their favorite characters in order to establish these traits).

CHARACTER INTERVIEW!

Interviewee: Mako Mankanshoku (Kill La Kill)
Portrayed by: @Mako_thou (Twitter)
Bio: Mako is the adorable sidekick to Ryuuko Matoi, and a No-Star student at Honnouji Academy. During the Life Fiber crusade, she assisted Nudist Beach alongside Ryuuko in order to fight against Ragyo Kiryuin. Other than that, she's a scatterbrained girl obsessed with food and taking the spotlight where she can. We attempted to sit down and get some insight from her. Here is what really happened.

Q: What is your name and what do you commonly do?
A: I'm Mako!! Uhm, hmm...I eat a lot and spend time with my best friend Ryuuko~!

Q: I want you to talk about an event which deeply impacted you emotionally. How did you feel as the event unfolded? What did you hope for as the end result, and how did you feel when things turned out the way they did?
A: Deeply impacted?? Hm well...I guess Ryuko showing up and all that stuff that happened. I mean! Things were kinda boring and then woooah! She talked ot her clothes but they wetre actually really talking back and her mom and the fights.. I guess that!

Q: We all know about your deep companionship with Ryuuko, but in regards to Senketsu, how do you feel toward him?
A: Oh I like him! I can't really talk to him or anything but, Ryuko really cares about him so I do too~! Plus he did help save us all!

Q: When you learned that Ragyo Kiryuin was Ryuuko's mother, and that Satsuki Kiryuin was her sister, how did it change your attitude toward each of those three women?
A: Well, Satsuki is our friend now! She's really nice when she's not yelling at everyone actually, it's nice! And she likes mama's croquettes!! Ragyo is evil though. I mean even if she's Ryuko's mom she did awful things...and maybe if she was nice Id like her but I can't forgive how mean she was!

Q: Switching gears, I want you to talk about a great achievement. What motivated you to push forward in this endeavor?
A: Have I even done any Achievements??

Q: I don't know. You tell me.
A: Hmm, well I helped saved the world I think..

Q: Alright then...let's talk about that. What did you do? Why did you take those actions? Who were you thinking about while all that was going on?
A: Uhm, I helped Ryuuko!! And I was just thinking about helping her and doing what I can for her!!

Q: What is a value that you hope to instill in other people? What is it you want people to learn from having met you?
A: Uhm....that croquettes are good??

Q: Is there anything which you regret thus far?
A: Nope!! Regrets are silly! I haven't done enough big stuff anyways...well I mean maybe I regret those days I slept too late and missed breakfast...

Q: Is there anything else, anything at all, that you wish to tell your adoring fans?
A: I have fans?!

Q: Alright...lastly, these interviews are experimental. If you have any questions...yeah...
A: If I have fans I want them to know to eat lots and remember i'ts okay if you talk to your clothes!!

Q: . . . . Alright, then. Thank you so much for sitting down to interview, and I hope you have an enjoyable rest of your day...
A: Wait does Ryuko have fans?? They can't take her out though that's my job!!

(At this point, I hastily made for the exit.)
--------------------------------------------------------------

(Scores for Inspiration and Aspiration shall be out of four, for a total of eight possible).

Inspiration (1.5/4): Mako makes every attempt to be the voice of reason, often breaking up a fight to make a point. Unfortunately, most of these points are nonsensical or require serious mind-bending to understand. There is a hidden side of her which is incredibly bright, as we saw during her administration of the Honnouji Fight Club. Unfortunately, much of her intelligence is shrouded underneath a veil of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I think that, if we were to attack each problem with the same out-of-this-universe thinking that Mako possesses, this world would be a radically different (and much more whimsical) place, without a doubt.

Aspiration (1.5/4): Mako is very innocent and rather honest, which are good qualities to have depending on your point of view. However, trying to communicate with her is nothing short of infuriating. During the interview there were many instances where I wanted to facepalm horribly, and I've dealt with far less bearable individuals than her.

Verdict (3/8): Let's be honest: Mako Mankanshoku is crazy with a capital R, to the point of which she would make a professional psychiatrist self-admit to the nearest facility. She could have all of this incredible depth and knowledge buried inside of her, but we will never truly know because it is impossible to peel back her layers, so to speak. Lastly, the fact that this girl is so liked and so popular just boggles the mind. Perhaps all of us are just idiots and stupidity really is contagious, I don't know. Don't waste your time with her, unless you want to be force fed croquettes or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment