CHARACTER INTERVIEW!
Interviewee: Nonon Jakuzure (Kill La Kill)
Portrayed by: @SerpentSymphony (Twitter)
Bio: Nonon Jakuzure is one of the "Four Devas" at Honnouji Academy, a group of Three-Star students who serve as direct subordinates to Satsuki Kiryuin, the academy's student body president. She is extremely talented and just a little bit snarky, overseeing the arts and culture of Honnouji. Today, we sat down with her to get some of her thoughts on events which have occurred during, and following, the Life Fiber Crusade.
Q: What is your name and what do you commonly do?
A: Nonon Jakuzure, Head of the Non-athletics Division, Conductor and Musician.
Q: I want you to talk about an event which deeply impacted you emotionally. How did you feel as the event unfolded? What did you hope for as the end result, and how did you feel when things turned out the way they did?
A: To be honest, I was sort of scared we wouldn't make it. I didn't have much faith in the transfer student. But seeing as we survived like I hoped, I'm kinda proud of the newbie.
Q: Now that the Life Fiber Crusade is essentially over, do you have any concerns in regards to Ryuuko Matoi?
A: No. I do not. I could not care less what she does now.
Q: I want you to talk about a great achievement. What motivated you to push forward in this endeavor?
A: Well, two reasons: first, to ensure humanity's survival. Second, to make Lady Satsuki proud.
Q: You speak very highly of Lady Satsuki. However, is there any one thing you would criticize about her/point out as a weakness?
A: No. Nothing at all.
Q: What is a value that you hope to instill in other people? What is it you want people to learn from having met you?
A: It's all about respect and listening to your superiors. Clearly I taught Matoi nothing.
Q: All good things come to an end. When the Four Devas disband, where do you want to go?
A: I... I honestly don't know..
Q: Is there anything which you regret thus far?
A: I regret blowing up the Nudist Base, and I regret having my Mark II destroyed.
------------------------------------------------
Inspiration (2.5/4): Despite her passive and dismissive demeanor, Jakuzure is very resourceful. In combat, her ability to harness sound-based weaponry, and her affinity for aerial combat, lend to her all sorts of unique advantages over her opponents. More than that, she has a deep understanding of her position in relation to other people, something she has been able to exploit ever since she was a young child.
Aspiration (1.5/4): The interview was rather interesting, in my opinion. It pointed out to me that while Jakuzure appears to have it all figured out, in reality there are quite a few insecurities which permeate her core. Of these, perhaps the most prevalent is her over-reliance on things staying the same. She hasn't really come up with a plan for her life following Honnouji, and the overall impact of the Life Fiber Crusade was a serious blow to her perception and worldview. These traits ultimately work against her.
Verdict (4/8): They say there is a difference between academic intelligence and social intelligence. For Nonon Jakuzure, the difference is as clear as day or night. She is by all means a tactical genius, but when it comes to matters of the human element, it seems she doesn't quite have a clue yet. She is still very much a child, with a lot of growing up to do. But she'll get there, even if it takes some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment