Saturday, May 3, 2014

Character Interview: Ira Gamagoori (AU/Female)

(Good fiction requires good characters who promote inspiration and aspiration. To demonstrate this, we shall be looking at characters from multiple series and judging how deep their archetypes go. We shall be calling upon individuals who take on the personas of their favorite characters in order to establish these traits).

CHARACTER INTERVIEW!

Interviewee: Ira Gamagoori (Kill La Alternate Universe)
Portrayed by: @ThreeStarGama  (Twitter)
Bio: Today we are looking at students from another Honnouji Academy, which also faced a life fiber crusade of their own. First on the list is their Disciplinary Committee chair, Ira Gamagoori (Female). This is her account of what transpired during and following the conflict.

Q: Please tell us your name, your position within your world's Honnouji Academy, and your weapon of choice when facing an opposing threat.
A: My name is Ira Gamagoori. I am the Disciplinary Committee chairwoman for the Honnouji Academy which I attended for several years prior to my transfer. My electric rose-whip and Sourge Regalia make short work of both life fibers and misbehaving students, so watch  yourself!

Q: When your world was being plagued by the life fibers, what sort of thoughts were going through your mind? What were your goals, and who were the people you thought about most?
A: My priority, first and foremost, was ensuring the safety of Master Satsuki. The Master is a proud and honorable man, but his passion can lead to a significant degree of risk. My goal was to ensure that he always had the proper assets and manpower to get the job done, and the reinforcement of the weakest links. We were a machine in constant flux, and any lack in cohesion would fall upon me.

Q: Nowadays, you're seen spending time with your doppelgangers at the other Honnouji. What has that been like for you? And what are your goals while living there?
A: Since transferring, I have been working their committee's evening shift in place of my male half. All of my needs are met, but I often find myself worrying about the Master. He seems to be coping well following the takedown of his father, and he has even started a relationship. That said, I'm concerned that he harbors inner turmoil and uncertainty about the future, and I fear he may be opting to take on the next set of challenges alone.

Q: I want you to talk specifically about your other half. What is one thing you criticize about them, and one thing you feel they excel at?
A: I was quite pleased to find the male Ira Gamagoori to be very much my complement. While my attacks are geared in domination, his are in submission. While this leads to stalemates in sparring matches we have had, I know that working side-by-side would allow us to be an unbreakable pair. If I had to criticize him, I would fault him for never looking at the whole picture. He needs to slow down and observe the full scenario before jumping into action. As for his strengths, well... he has heart. That much I know.

Q: When facing your world's life fiber crisis, what is one thing you decided to do differently than your other half?
A: I got to know Matoi better, and when he defeated me, I started to observe him more and more. I decided to get to know him better, and as such, I came to trust him far more than I feel my male half did with Matoi's female half. As much as it pains me to admit, sometimes I weigh his judgment higher than that of his brother.

Q: Finally, out of all of the doppelgangers from the other Honnouji, who is your absolute favorite?
A: I have become very close with the female Mako Mankanshoku, and in no way am I afraid to admit it. At the same time, though, I find myself starting to gravitate toward the female Nui Harime. Yes, she causes a lot of trouble for myself and those I care about, but there is a certain realness to her mannerisms and behavior. I am intrigued, so maybe in time I can come to learn more about her.
----------------------------------------------------

(Reminder: Scores for AU/EU characters are Contrast - out of 3, and Overlap - out of 4. Max score for Verdict is 5. Contrast deals with the direction of the character while overlap deals with homages to the original. Because I personally am the writer for @ThreeStarGama, scores will be replaced with "N/A.")

Contrast (N/A): Following the events of the Life Fiber Crusade, the female Gamagoori has become far more investigative in nature. Her fascination comes from discovering how the pieces fit together, how the interactions between the doppelgangers will lead to new challenges in the near future. She is no longer afraid to call out Master Satsuki the way Ryuuko would, and she is not afraid to go full throttle against foes like the female Nui Harime. In some respects, her story is truly beginning.

Overlap (N/A): Much of this woman's motivation comes from her desire to succeed in ways she feels her doppelganger falters. While she bears many of the traits of her other half (though presented differently), she does make every attempt to distinguish herself from him. As a result, she does have a tendency to be more critical of herself and her own shortcomings.

Verdict (N/A): In many ways, the female Gamagoori is an attempt to address the flatness presented by the male Gamagoori during the Life Fiber Crusade. Her forward path may lead her to not only learn more about herself and her history, but also to be an arbiter for the conflicts which have yet to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment